Pages

Friday, 21 October 2011

Where I've been. If you give a toss ;)

The neglect started early October when Peanut and I went to spend an extended White Sunday weekend with my sister, brother-in-law and adorable little niece. I didn't want to waste the entire weekend being antisocial on the computer, online. So I didn't and I ate instead. And ate and ate. Then ate some more. Can I just say? My sister and bro-in-law are some hardcore food appreciators and any house guests they have will agree with me. Epic weekend.

Lali and Nutty in their white wear

Upon arriving back into Auckland, Peanut came down with the severe constipation... again. I don't know if it's the kid's digestive system or if I've just been feeding her all the wrong foods but I've never seen another kid struggle so much with constipation. We like our baby laxative in this house. Another week without Blogger.

Then this past week, my body decides that it's had it and completely checked out. I came down with a pretty bad fever and spent the week bedridden. Today is literally the first day I've felt human since last Saturday! Couldn't even sit upright to go online. Didn't even want to go online. Just wanted to curl up and sleep until I didn't feel like death warmed up any more.

So here am in my wee little blog home. Dusting off the cobwebs and reopening for business. It's good to be back :)

ps. Last Saturday I went to a protest march against the IRB's treatment of Tier 2 teams during the RWC, held outside the building where Eliota Fuimaono-Sapolu's hearing was being held. It was organised by some pretty proactive Samoans and boy what a day it was. There was A LOT of singing, dancing and of course chanting. It was brilliant. You would've never known that you were on Shortland St in the Auckland CBD. What made me most proud was the number of old Samoan people there. Priceless stuff. 


Samoa Tula'i protest march

Peanut in her true colours

6 comments:

Pusi nofo said...

Glad ya back :) Hope ya feeling a lot better too!

Poor bubs with the constipation...hope you are able to find the cause of it.

Awesome pics of the Tula'i march - great to see such a great turn out.

Lani Wendt Young said...

Great pics! Glad youre feeling better. Does your daughter like esi? Prunes? Highly recommended...

Bina said...

Welcome back Goggy!
I love the photos of Nati from the march? Hope her constipation gets better :( When Lali gets a hard one, I keep telling her to push harder. Now whenever she does a #2, she proudly tells her Daddy, "Daddy, I pushed my poo!" Lol!

And as for hardcore food appreciation, I am taking time out from that group and enlisted some professional help to not let my appreciation from food impact so much on my health and finances.

So my next yum char sesh will be in maybe 4 - 5 months when I reach my goal weight :)

Reenie said...

Poor baby. my 3yr old had really bad constipation too when she had just turned 1. My mom told me to buy Manusia? (magnesium) from the samoan store. All my other Samoan mother friends too swear by it. I was never able to find it, so we just used a natural laxative. Still wondering if it really works.

Welcome back, and glad you and your baby are healthy again.

lilidonna said...

@ pusi nofo: no, I'm not sure why she keeps getting constipated. She eat's a lot of regular kid food. Might just be susceptible to it?
Yeah the Samoa Tula'i protest march was awesome. We wanted to be there when Eliota came out of the hearing but by noon, our protest permit was out. An awesome day :)

@Lani: I've been told about the prunes thing... Will definitely have them on hand next time (cos there WILL be a next time lol).

@Bina: It'll only take 4-5 months to reach your goal weight? Exciting! Can't wait to see the progress!

@Reenie: Yeah I keep hearing about this milk of magnesium but I don't know where to find it... We bought a laxative but I don't know that it actually worked so right now, kiwifruit is our best friend lol

Thanks guys, I feel like I have so many blogs to catch up on!

jo_an said...

Been M.I.A for a bit myself. Trying to get back into the swing of things.

Your peanut looks adorable!. Love the pics & nice to have you back!