Pages

Monday, 9 January 2012

Why?

Just a random thought...

I find that I often do what I think I should want to do rather than what I actually want to do... For example, yesterday at a family lunch, for dessert there was fruit salad as well as cake, trifle and the other usual suspects. I had a quick taste of the fruit salad and boy was it good and oh so fresh! But when it came time to sit down and fill my bowl, I found myself reaching for the ambrosia and cake. Which don't get me wrong were both delicious, but I know that what my body truly wanted was fresh fruit and my taste buds sure wouldn't have minded.

And I do this a lot. Whether it be choosing V over a bottle of water at the dairy when I'd popped in because I was thirsty or staying up late when my body's had it for the day. Why don't I just listen to myself? Silly silly billy.


Resolution:

To begin to truly listen to oneself. Even with small things. They are what big things are made of after all!


Hoping you're all having easy-ish Monday!


xx

3 comments:

jo_an said...

I totally agree with you! it's sometimes those very small things that make all the difference. i try to listen to my inner voice as much as i can. but i will admit i probably would have done the exact same thing as you and had the cake.

hope your having a good week!

lilidonna said...

Hey Joan, sorry for the ridiculously late reply. Well I've been doing better with listening to my inner voice as you so aptly put it but I could definitely do better! The easy so called appealing option. Not always the best option.

Hope you're having a great week too! xx

jo_an said...

:) no worries. thanks for the reply. hope you are having a good start to the weekend. :)