But this year, I feel more resolute.
So let's do this.
In 2016, I want:
1. To simply write more. Whether it be on here. Or in that beaten up notebook that swims in the bottom of my handbag. Or in a new notebook that I plan on buying in the spirit of newness and clean and pages and words that haven't been born yet.
2. To eat intuitively. There is no other way to eat for me. I am a person of immense appetite and to yet when I don't want to, or to eat what I don't want to.. is horrific. So this year, I will be try to listen to my body and pay close attention to what it wants. And give it exactly that.
3. To read more. I only read 13 books in 2015. I missed having constant fiction friends. 2015 was too fraught with my own dramas, I felt like I didn't have much capacity for fictional drama. But I've found a way around it. Non-fiction duh! I'm eagerly awaiting Spinster in the mail as we speak.
4. To not pay unnecessary money due to my lack of organisation. Ridick toll fees, library fees, bank account fees. I know that I need to be more organised in general but I feel like I should just start with just doing shit that saves me money. Ok.
5. To enrol Nutty into swim school. She doesn't need to inherit all my fears/anxieties.
6. To meditate daily.
8. To road trip for my birthday (27 March... hmmm... guess I'm pretty confident in my having no readers that I was willing to broadcast that... interesting) with a few unruly loved ones.
9. To get drunk less.This is not necessarily the same as drinking less. There have been a fair few incidences where I have drunken quite enjoyably and socially without getting ridiculous...and I plan on continuing this practice.
10. To see my Nana in Australia.
11. To finally become a proper kiwi. Dual citizenship, here I come.
12. To save. An oldie but a goodie. It's a modest number that I've set. Manageable, being the name of the game (ah that obscure game Manageable... you should play it some time).
12. To continue on this path of self courtship, discovery and appreciation that I started in 2015. Shit got a bit rocky at new years but I think it was all the name of good living. Sigh. It does get in the way doesn't it?
All the best to those of you making resolutions. May the odds/winds/Gods/things that govern favour be ever in our favour.