Pages

Saturday, 25 June 2016

On getting into trouble" (I mean this in the Primary School sense of the word)

I don't know if it's being Samoan or being a girl but for whatever reason, I have a thing about being scared of getting into trouble. 

In most scenarios I'm ok, I test the waters and attempt to push boundaries here and there. 

But then there are those times... when for reasons unbeknownst to the conscious spaces in my mind, getting into trouble seems to be the single most terrifying thing that could happen to me.
And my anxiety spurs me on, kicking the quiet voice of reason to the curb. 

When really there are a million things way worse than getting in trouble....

Like not understanding how your job works... As a purely random example.

I look at Nutty and think, I want  you to be scared of the "right" things. Which are... 

... Which are.. 

I wanna teach Nutty how to fear the “right things”. Things that are actually really important you get or get right. Not just… getting into trouble.I have a thing about being scared of geng trouble.
When really there are a million things way worse than geng in trouble.
Like not understanding how your job works. Or why you have to do a certain thing.
I wanna teach Nuy how to fear the “right things”. Things that are actually really important you get
or get right. Not just… geng into trouble.I have a thing about being scared of geng trouble.
When really there are a million things way worse than geng in trouble.
Like not understanding how your job works. Or why you have to do a certain thing.
I wanna teach Nuy how to fear the “right things”. Things that are actually really important you get
or get right. Not just… geng into trouble.

No comments: